Monday, January 16, 2006

Book of Daniel

Haven't watched The Book of Daniel on NBC and don't intend to. Not that I'm falling in line behind any particular group that tells me what I should think or how I should act/react to any given situation. I personally felt the premise was degrading to Clergy in general and without good moral direction. I've known a lot of Clergy in my day and understand they are human, just like everyone. But, I don't think in my 58 years here on Planet Earth I've ever met anyone (much less any Clergy) with the plethora of issues as portrayed in the series. And, at this juncture in my life I'm looking for true reality.

As such I choose not contribute to rating points on television programs which seem to me as without merit; or to box office receipts in the case of films that I feel fit into the same category. Therefore, I will not see Munich, Brokeback Mountain, The Terrorist, Transamerica nor anything else that supposedly pictures the beauty, passion or rightness of a point of view which I see as contrary to the principles which form the basis for our culture. Seems to me that's a rather insidious way to move us further toward the acceptance of "anything goes" behavior.

Have read and heard several revues from more enlightened individuals than myself regarding Daniel and every one is in agreement that though they wanted to like the series, "It was just bad!" Chalk one up for the good guys.

1 Comments:

At 11:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Really agree that we as citizens should begin to take a stand against all the film, reading, writing etc. decisions being made at this point in time in American culture. If we don't approve of something then we must act and voice an opinion even if that opinion simple not to support with our time and/or money. Thanks for your thoughts.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home