Saturday, December 17, 2005

In need of a Christmas Miracle

Christmas is now a week away and I'm waaay off being in a "Christmas mood."

Having been around for approaching 3 score years (close, but "no cigar" yet), I've had time to develop many reasons to annually acquire a wee bit of the Christmas melancholy. Usually I can shake it but this year has seemed more difficult than others. The good news; however, is that come Christmas Eve, when I'm in Church at 11:00 pm for Midnight Mass, I will work through it and become again "right with my world", if only for a day or two until my Secular life rears its ugly head and I again take on my millstones and grindstones.

If that's the case, what's the purpose of this post? I'm not really sure, unless it's to ask my Sewanee Angel to see if they can't send me some sort of Christmas Miracle this year. I think it was George Jones who sang Miracles Occur in the Strangest of Places. Don't even know what kind of miracle I'm looking for; nothing elaborate for sure. It would just be nice (this year especially) to have proof that God knows I'm here and that He's watching over me.

In the mean time, in lieu of a "Merry Christmas", I wish y'all Peace; today and evermore.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home