Sunday, November 11, 2007

The grey middle way

Spent yesterday out of town at a Diocesan meeting to "profile" our next Bishop Co-Adjutor (election presumed to be upcoming in May or June of next year). It was interesting in that I was seated at a table with 6 staunch conservatives. I guess they needed a designated moderate.

I was pleased in the way the profile workshop took place. Only uncomfortable times were:
1) When I was asked what I meant about a comment regarding the Via Media,
and
2) When I was asked what I thought a definition of traditional family values was.
In both cases my answers were something along the lines of: "I can't really define it/them but I know when I see it/them." Guess someone was trying to put me in a box but I've long ago given up being boxed in anywhere. When I was young I could see things as black or white; but eyesight seems to dim with age and all I seem to get now are varying shades of grey. Maybe I should have used that as a definition of the "middle way".

2 Comments:

At 2:12 PM, Blogger Stratoz said...

Nice job with your grey answers. Grey used to be my favorite color when I lived in the black and white world, now that I strive to be in the greys, it is no longer my favorite color.

 
At 7:58 PM, Blogger Trent said...

Nothing adds color to your palette like age.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home