Friday, September 21, 2007

My Daemon


Have read (quite some time back) all three books of Philip Pullman's His Dark Materials trilogy. Enjoyed the first and second books (The Golden Compass and The Subtle Knife) and thought I saw leanings towards Christianity in them. As I finally read the third book (The Amber Spyglass) I remarked to the wife that I did not enjoy it and in fact found it slanted against Christianity towards something much darker. It is my recollection also, that I somewhere read of Pullman's being either Agnostic or Atheist and that his trilogy was produced to offer alternative points of view regarding faith and salvation for young people. I suppose that's also why I ultimately failed to appreciate the series.

Anyway, the first book is coming out on film in early December and the production company has this website to publicize it. Part of that website provides the opportunity to determine what form your personal Daemon (an alternative inner self in animal form) takes. I found that to be a very intriguing thought; an alternate side of one that accompanies them throughout their life as a creature of lower species. Having found the website on another blog I took the test and found my personal Daemon to be Aspasa, a female Osprey. Those who know me, go here and see what you think. You have 12 days from today to modify my Daemon by testing yourself against my answers.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home