Friday, August 04, 2006

What to do, What to do

Am in a quandary as to upcoming EFM. Last year wound down on less than positive notes and time off this summer seems to have fomented even more dissention. More than one group member had to be convinced to renew and one may yet drop out. I feel we failed to develop cohesiveness and it appears to me that we’ll begin this next year even more fragmented, including a few hard feelings existent that didn’t seem apparent until late last year. Our members represent multiple Parishes as well as denominations and one or two give the appearance of pursuing personal agendas. We’ll also have several new folks joining us. Certainly not a situation conducive to learning and growth.

If I stay involved it looks like I’ll be doing Year Three solo and I don’t know how viable an idea that is. If I drop out it becomes the second time I have failed to sequentially move forward with my studies and that’s not good either. I felt totally justified in “setting out” the last time as that group’s next year was being put together with less than the required number of members for studies, one of the members was absent at least 50% of the time and it worked out that were I to have continued there would only be two Year One’s, one Year Two, one Year Three and one Year Four. Ultimately, the four of them and their co-mentor wound up doing EFM on line in a chat room which I find utterly unacceptable.

But truthfully, this is a different scenario. Therefore, do I plod along failing to receive the stimulation and learning experience EFM is designed to provide in an effort to get it (EFM) behind me and earn my certificate, or do I respectfully opt out of yet another group and wait hopefully until another class is formed that can become the experience Sewanee has designed? I really don’t know what to do. Stay tuned for further updates.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home