Friday, January 30, 2015

An EfM thing 2.0


So following an Ordination last night, I received yet another email this morning from Xxxx saying:
“Ordinand’s response:
I am willing and ready to do so; and I solemnly declare that I believe the Holy Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments to be the word of God, and to contain all things necessary to salvation; and I do solemnly engage to conform to the doctrine, discipline, and worship of the Episcopal Church".

I Am, the one true God of Hebrews (Jews) and Gentiles (Episcopalians).
It's a Holy Bible thing.

What say ye?

In reply I offered:
Agree absolutely with everything she pledged.

Perhaps my position is better stated by saying: "I (again an 'I' Statement) believe when one tries to LIMIT the scope of God, His love and reconciliation strictly to those who acknowledge Holy Scripture as the ONLY path to relationship with Him; they are saying He will not offer His riches to those who know Him (by His love) in another incarnation and in doing so limit the breadth of His sacrifice on the cross." Words like "whole world" and "all" cause me (yet another "I" statement) to believe His love and forgiveness are without limit. "In My Father's house there are many rooms" leads me in that direction, as do the parables of the workers, the prodigal son, the lost sheep and others.

All in, all done, it boils down to my understanding (and mine alone) of our call not to judge but to forgive. As imperfect beings, if that is our call, I see Him able to reconcile ALL. But, that's where I'm coming from and that doesn't mean I'm right and anyone who disagrees with me is wrong. We are all called by Him and we must each answer in our own way. And in His wisdom, I trust He will accept that which is truly in our hearts and minds.

Thanks be to God!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home