Thursday, June 23, 2011

For Jack

I offer Congratulations and wish you Happy Graduation; though it’s the saddest one I’ve wished anyone in this lifetime. My friend, we had a tremendous amount in common and I looked forward to another three years of exploring those commonalities; however, such is not to be and I feel a lesser person for it.

These wishes may not seem exactly the most proper thing to say at this moment, but I’m sure you understand what I mean and accept them in EXACTLY the manner in which they are intended. Our short class time together convinced me you were on the correct path.

So, Congratulations, I’m certain you’ve “got the cookie”, though far, far too soon. And, Happy Graduation. You didn’t complete EFM but you’ve graduated these Shadowlands and can now see and understand much more clearly than we would have ever hoped to in our discussions.

Godspeed my brother. Save me a seat at the table and set aside a “wee dram” for me when we next meet up.

1 Comments:

At 11:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful and prophetic...a wonderful tribute to a wonderful man!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home